Welcome to Project Cook!


This blog is designed to illustrate the design process used on my senior capstone project, and to “set the table” for discussion. Please feel free to comment, question, or advise! For my capstone project I chose to design a non-profit culinary school in Baton Rouge, similar to CafĂ© Reconcile in New Orleans. This school provides at-risk teens with both food-industry training and basic life skills in an effort to end poverty, violence, and neglect. The students will live, learn, cook, and serve at this facility. Their training will be applied and supported at the school’s full-service restaurant. This allows the city of Baton Rouge to witness this great cause while eating soul food at its finest. For more information about my design work please visit my website: www.christinagrush.com.


Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Furniture Plans

First Floor Furniture Plan. Scale: 1/32" = 1'-0"

Second Floor Furniture Plan. Scale: 1/32" = 1'-0"

Third Floor Furniture Plan. Scale: 1/32" = 1'-0"

Fourth Floor Furniture Plan. Scale: 1/32" = 1'-0"

      Above are the first drafts of the FF&E plans for Project Cook.  The detailed equipment plans for the kitchen (the blank area on the first floor) are still being modified.  You may notice that the floor plans (without furniture) are kept fairly rectilinear and regular, yet the furniture plans bring an organic/curvilinear element.  This mixture of straight and curvy follows nicely with my concept (see earlier post).
     This week is midterms week.  I brought these plans with me to my midterm review and my professors had some suggestions.  One of those suggestions included moving the auditorium into the atrium.  I definitely will try to make this work; I think it would make for a nice feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment